Providence, R.I.--Junior outside hitter Jenaeya Evans (Marietta, GA) led the Anchorwomen with 11 digs and added two blocks as the Rhode Island College women's volleyball team fell to UMass Dartmouth, 3-0 (25-20, 25-23, 25-22), at the Murray Center on Wednesday evening
UMass Dartmouth 3, Rhode Island College 0
UMass Dartmouth (7-11, 2-3 LEC)
Rhode Island College (7-13, 1-5 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The first set was controlled by the visitors as they jumped out to a 19-9 lead before capturing the set by five, 25-20, to go up in the match, 1-0.
• The second set saw the Anchorwomen take the lead after it was tied, 4-4. RIC was in front for the duration of the stanza until UMD tied the set at 18 apiece. Both teams exchanged points, but it was the Corsairs that took the lead and closed out the set by a pair, 25-23, to build a 2-0 lead in the match.
• As the third set began, neither side was able to gain much of a lead. UMD took control after an 8-8 tie, as the visitors went on an 8-2 scoring run to widen the gap to six, 16-10. The Corsairs eventually capped off the set by three, 25-22, to win the Little East match.
• UMD senior outside hitter Nicole Silverman (Chelmsford, MA), sophomore outside hitter Mallory Singer (Succasunna, NH) and sophomore middle hitter Emma Aillet (Deer Park, TX) led the club with 13, 11 and 10 kills each.
•UMD senior outside hitter Nicole Silverman (Chelmsford, MA) led the match with 13 digs, while senior libero Jillian Sykora (Waterford, CT) recorded a match-high 16 digs.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC hit .067 (21-15-89), while UMD hit .128 (43-28-117).
• UMD held the advantage in both kills, 43-21 and digs 46-32.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island will continue Little East action at home vs. UMass Boston on Tuesday, Oct. 22 (1 p.m.).