Boston, Mass.—Sophomore outside hitter Amelia Murphy (North Attleboro, MA) led the way for the Anchorwomen with seven kills and five digs as Rhode Island College women's volleyball team fell at Wentworth, 3-0 (25-13, 25-16, 25-17), at Tansey Gymnasium on Thursday evening.
Wentworth 3, Rhode Island College 0
Rhode Island College (6-11)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC jumped out to an early lead in the first set with a 5-2 lead. From there on, the hosts dominated the rest of the frame. Wentworth used a 23-8 run to capture the first set, 25-13, and took a 1-0 lead.
• The second set saw both teams swap points early, as the Anchorwomen held a 6-5 lead before Wentworth gained momentum and built a lead as large as 12, 22-10, before eventually winning the set, 25-16, taking a 2-0 lead.
• The third set was back and forth, as the Anchorwomen came within two points, 13-11, of the Leopards before falling in the stanza, 25-17, to end the match.
• Senior setter Jacqueline Jutras (Foster, RI) recorded a double-double with 17 assists and a team-high 10 digs.
• Wentworth senior outside hitter Leah Rogoz (Woodridge, IL) recorded a double-double with a match-high 13 kills and 10 digs.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC hit .071 (23-16-99), while Wentworth hit .283 (38-10-99).
• Wentworth led the match in kill, 38-23, and digs, 55-43.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will continue Little East action at Plymouth State, and will also face Bridgewater State, on Saturday, Oct. 12 (Noon).