Providence, R.I.--Senior outside hitter Jillian Ward (Coventry, RI) recorded a double-double with 15 kills and 12 digs as the Rhode Island College volleyball team dropped a 3-0 (13-25, 23-25, 12-25) decision against Wentworth at The Murray Center on Tuesday evening.
Wentworth 3, Rhode Island College 0
Rhode Island College (10-9)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC junior setter Jacqueline Jutras (Foster, RI) posted a double-double with 31 assists and 13 digs
• Freshman outside hitter Amelia Murphy (North Attleboro, MA) added nine kills and three digs in the setback.
• Senior libero Marisa Brynes (Cranston, RI) recorded a team-best 23 digs for the Anchorwomen.
• Wentworth was led by junior outside hitter Leah Rogoz (Woodridge, IL), who registered a double-double with 12 kills and 18 digs, while freshman right side hitter Mary Zlotosch (Durham, NH) contributed 10 kills in the victory.
• Junior setter Katie Clouse (Hudson Falls, NY) notched 31 assists.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC posted a .134 (36-19-127) hitting percentage in the setback, while Wentworth hit .242 (42-12-122) in the victory.
• RIC registered 62 digs, six blocks and six service aces, while Wentworth notched 64 digs with five blocks and seven service aces.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to New England College for a tri-match along with Newbury on Saturday, Oct. 13 (1 p.m.).