Providence, R.I. -- Head Coach Timothy Rudd's women's indoor track & field team has climbed to No. 32 in the latest U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) NCAA Div. III rankings. The Anchorwomen are also ranked No. 4 in the New England regional poll.
• The Anchorwomen have dominated the New England weight throw rankings as sophomore Chelsea Yang (Warwick, RI), senior Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI), sophomore Jasmine Gallo-Fusco (Warwick, RI) and freshman Georgerinna Farley (Providence, RI) have the Anchorwomen ranked second in the nation.
• Yang is ranked No. 2 in the country in the weight throw with a distance of 18.40, while Yusuff is currently 13th in that event with a distance of 16.58m.
• The 200m relay squad of junior Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI), senior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI), senior Nicole Grammas (Cranston, RI) and freshman Trinity Hayes (Providence, RI) are ranked fifth nationally.
• Landroche is ranked No. 17th in the nation in the 200m with a time of 25.44, while Eleni Grammas is 25th in the nation in the same event with a time of 25.62.
• Nicole Grammas is ranked No. 24 in the 400m with a time of 58.05.
• Senior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) is ranked No. 27 in the country in the 800m with a time of 2:16.74. That time also established a new school record for RIC.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the N.E. Alliance Championships at Plymouth State on Saturday, Feb. 16.