Cambridge, Mass.--The Rhode Island College men's track & field team competed at the MIT Final Qualifier on Thursday afternoon.
• The meet was an individual meet with no team scoring and featured student-athletes looking to meet the qualifying marks for the upcoming NCAA Div. III National Championship.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI) won the 200m (24.99) and had a first place finish in the 4x100m relay (47.19).
• Junior Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) took first place and established a new program record in the long jump (5.86m). She also had a first place finish in the 4x100m relay (47.19).
• Freshman Trinity Hayes (Providence, RI) was fourth in the 200m (25.57) and recorded a first place finish in the 4x100m relay (47.19).
• Sophomore Chelsea Yang (Warwick, RI) won the hammer (51.29m).
• Freshman Georgerinna Farley (Providence, RI) took second in the hammer (49.28m).
• Sophomore Melissa Mejia (Providence, RI) placed fourth in the hammer (45.40m).
• Senior Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) registered a sixth place finish in the hammer (45.40m).
• Senior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) had a fourth place finish in the 800m (2:13.21). Her effort established a new program record in that event.
• In upcoming action, selected members of the team will compete at the NCAA Div. III National Championship, which will be held at the SPIRE Institute in Geneva, Ohio on May 23-24.