Smithfield, R.I.--Junior Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) posted a pair of first place finishes as the Rhode Island College women's track & field team competed at Bryant's 2019 Black & Gold Invitational on Saturday.
• RIC finished in seventh place at the 12-team event with a 44.0 team score. Holy Cross took home first place with 150.0 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The 4x100m relay team of freshman Trinity Hayes (Providence, RI), senior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI), senior Nicole Grammas (Cranston, RI) and junior Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) captured first place (47.85).
• Landroche won the long jump (5.58m), was eighth in the 100m (12.85) and had a 19th place finish in the 200m (26.97).
• Nicole Grammas was eighth in the 400m (59.14).
• Eleni Grammas had a third place finish in the 100m (12.44) and was seventh in the 200m (25.97).
• Hayes recorded a ninth place finish in the 400m (1:00.06).
• Junior Jamie Dobson (Bradford, RI) was sixth in the hammer (44.11m) and 14th in the javelin (33.23m).
• Freshman Georgerinna Farley (Providence, RI) registered a seventh place finish in the hammer (43.98).
• Sophomore Chelsea Yang (Warwick, RI) notched a ninth place finish in the hammer (43.44m).
• Senior Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) was 13th in the shot (10.87m) and 17th in the discus (32.86m)
• McCaffrey posted an eighth place finish in the 1,500m (4:48.68), which broke a 35-year old Anchorwoman record in that event.
• Junior Chevell Burgess (Providence, RI) had a 10th place finish (17:14) in the 100m hurdles and was 10th in the triple jump (10.31m).
• Junior Nicaury Nunez (Central Falls, RI) placed 28th in the 400m (1:08.09).
• Xavier was 15th in the 100m (13.20) and placed 18th in the 200m (26.90).
• Sophomore Bryana Mullin (Warwick, RI) had a 25th place finish (2:37.56) in the 800m, while freshman Madisen Martin (Marion, MA) was 26th (2:39.27) in the same event. Martin also placed 10th in the javelin (34.81m). Junior Florence Fagbote (Providence, RI) finished 27th in the hammer (27.02m).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Fitchburg State Invitational on Saturday, April 6 (10 a.m.).