Tampa, Fla.—Junior Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) won the long jump (5.62m) and equaled the program record in that event as the Rhode Island College women's track & field team opened the outdoor season at the 2019 University of South Florida Bulls Invitational on Saturday.
• The meet featured some of the top NCAA Division I, II and III competitors from throughout the country.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC sophomore Melissa Mejia (Providence, RI) notched a third place finish in the hammer (47.60m) and was 12th in the discus (30.40m).
• Senior Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) was fourth in the hammer (47.15m), placed eighth in the shot (11.12m) and took 11th in the discus (33.05m)
• Junior Jamie Dobson (Bradford, RI) was sixth in both the hammer (41.13m) and in the javelin (30.46m).
• Freshman Stevanna Bowhile (Worcester, MA) placed sixth in the triple jump (10.39m) and was 19th in the 100m (13.37).
• Junior Chevell Burgess (Providence, RI) was ninth (10.09m) in the triple jump and had an 11th place finish (17:54) in the 100m hurdles.
• Freshman Madisen Martin (Marion, MA) was seventh in the javelin (28.72) and 29th in the 800m (2:38.04).
• Eleni Grammas had a fifth place finish in the 200m (25.99) and was sixth in the 100m (12.20).
• Nicole Grammas was 16th in the 200m (26.85).
• Hayes was 13th in the 200m (26.59).
• Junior Jacklyn Xavier (Cumberland, RI) was seventh in the 200m (26.26).
• Senior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) was fourth and broke her own program record the 800m (2:16.64), while sophomore Bryana Mullin (Warwick, RI) had a 40th place finish (2:51.89) in the same event.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Bryant Invitational on Saturday, March 30 (10 a.m.).