Boston, Mass.—Senior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI) notched a third place finish in the 60m (8.05) as the Rhode Island College women's track & field team competed at the 2019 John Thomas Terrier Classic hosted by Boston University on Friday and Saturday.
• This individual meet featured some of the best NCAA Division I, II and III team from throughout the Northeast region.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Eleni Grammas finished third in the 60m (8.05) and was 30th in the 200m (25.64).
• Junior Chevell Burgess (Providence, RI) registered a 31st place finish in both the 60m hurdles (10.57) and the triple jump (9.98m).
• Senior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) took home a 45th place finish in the 800m (2:19.28). It was new program record for that event.
• Junior Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) finished 16th in the 60m (8.24), 45th in the long jump (4.65m) and was 53rd in the 200m (26.05).
• Senior Nicole Grammas (Cranston, RI) placed 28th in the 400m (58.05) and 60th place in the 200m (26.12).
• Freshman Trinity Hayes (Providence, RI) finished 54th in the 400m (58.79) and 68th in the 200m (26.24).
• Junior Jacklyn Xavier (Cumberland, RI) was 79th in the 200m (26.50) and 85th in the 400m (1:01.46) and
• Sophomore Shayna Cousineau (Cranston, RI) placed 82nd in the 3,000m (11:12.29).
• Junior Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) placed 20th in the shot (11.46m).
• Freshman Stevanna Bowhile (Worcester, MA) finished 29th in the triple jump (10.05m)
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the New England Open Championship at the Reggie Lewis Track Center on Saturday, Feb. 2 (10 a.m.).