Springfield, Mass.—Senior Destinee Barrette (Warwick, RI) broke the program record in the discus and junior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI) finished first in the 100m as the Rhode Island College women's track & field team competed at AIC's Yellow Jacket Invitational on Saturday afternoon.
It was an individual meet with no team scoring that featured competitors from Div. I, II and III institutions.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Barrette finished first in the discus (49.08m; program record), second in the hammer (48.78m) and sixth in the shot (10.60m).
• Grammas finished first in the 100m (12.73) and second in the 200m (26.21). Junior Nicole Grammas (Cranston, RI) finished fifth in the 100m (12.96) and third in the 200m (26.26).
• Freshman Chelsea Yang (Warwick, RI) finished first in the hammer (51.87m),
• Junior Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) finished third in the hammer (46.71m), eighth in the shot (10.48m) and ninth in the discus (29.58m)
• Freshman Melissa Mejia (Providence, RI) finished fourth in the hammer (46.28m).
• Junior Melanie Brunelle (Warwick, RI) finished second in the high jump (1.49m) and fourth in the long jump (5.18m)
• Sophomore Jamie Dobson (Bradford, RI) finished seventh in the hammer (40.39m) and 14th in the javelin (25.34m).
• Sophomore Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) finished sixth in the triple jump (10.07m), seventh in the 100m (13.08) and ninth in the long jump (4.72m).
• Junior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) finished second in the 800m (2:24.60).
• Freshman Shayna Cousineau (Cranston, RI) finished fifth in the 10,000m (40:51.08).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at Connecticut College's Silfen Invitational on Saturday, April 14.