Providence, R.I.—The Rhode Island College women's tennis team stayed unbeaten in Little East play with an 8-1 victory over Western Connecticut on Tuesday afternoon at the RIC Tennis Center.
Rhode Island College 8, Western Connecticut 1
Rhode Island College (10-1, 6-0 LEC)
Western Connecticut (5-5, 3-2 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC junior Emily Orticerio (Smithfield, RI) and sophomore Michaela Burr (Westerly, RI) picked up an 8-1 win at No. 2 doubles, defeating the Western Connecticut tandem of freshman Sarah Silva (Danbury, CT) and junior Lesley Coronel (Danbury, CT).
• RIC juniors Hailey Raskob (North Smithfield, RI) and Laurel Ten Eyck (Warwick, RI) defeated WestConn junior Maria Madden (Rhinebeck, NY) and senior Sarah Warkowski (Bristol, CT), 8-0 at No. 3 doubles.
• RIC juniors Grace Zangari (Saunderstown, RI) and freshman Jenna Lisi (Cranston, RI) completed the doubles sweep with an 8-7 (7-3) win over senior Emma Chapman (Danbury, CT) and graduate Carole Allers (Wilton, CT) at No. 1 doubles.
• RIC junior Serena Bobola (Cranston, RI) defeated Madden (6-0, 6-1) at No. 6 singles.
• Raskob defeated Coronel (6-0, 6-0) at No. 3 singles.
• RIC junior Victoria Vittori (New Bedford, MA) defeated Warkowski (6-2, 6-1) at No. 4 singles.
• RIC sophomore Clara Siegmund (Pomfret, CT) defeated Silva (6-2, 6-2) at No. 5 singles.
• Lisi defeated Chapman (6-3, 6-1) at No. 1 singles.
• Allers defeated Zangari (6-1, 6-4, 8-10) at No. 2 singles for the lone Colonial point.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will continue Little East play at Salem State on Saturday, Oct. 5 (1 p.m.).