Providence, R.I.--Rhode Island College sophomores Laurel Ten Eyck (Warwick, RI) and Hailey Raskob (North Smithfield, RI) each picked up a pair of victories as the women's tennis team remained undefeated for the 2018 season with a commanding, 8-1, victory over Wentworth at the RIC Courts on Thursday afternoon. The regular season winning streak for the Anchorwomen now stands at 27 straight contests, dating back to October 6, 2016.
Rhode Island College 8, Wentworth 1
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC grabbed the first point of the match with freshman Kaitlyn Koller (North Smithfield, RI) and junior Julie Marciniak (South Kingstown, RI) posting an 8-0 win over Wentworth sophomore CiCi Deakin (Standish, ME) and Kirsten Gramajo (Boston, MA) at the No. 3 doubles spot.
• The Anchorwomen upped the lead to 2-0 when sophomore Grace Zangari (Saunderstown, RI) and Raskob posted an 8-0 win at No. 2 doubles against the Leopards team of sophomores Beverly LaChapelle (Caracas, Venezuela) and Hannah Erickson (Columbia, CT).
• RIC made it a clean sweep of the doubles action as senior Katherine Braganca (Pawtucket, RI) and Ten Eyck posted an 8-2 win at the No. 1 spot against the Wentworth team of senior Ellen Butts (Brookfield, MA) and sophomore Ali Sollecito (Taunton, MA).
• Raskob posted a (6-0, 6-0) win against Deakin at No. 4 singles to put RIC ahead 4-0 in the contest.
• Ten Eyck then clinched the victory for the Anchorwomen as she posted a (6-0, 6-0) win over Erickson at the No. 5 singles spot, making the score 5-0 for the match.
• RIC freshman Clara Siegmund (Pomfret, CT) registered a (6-0, 6-0) win at No. 6 singles against Gramajo. Sophomore Victoria Vittori (New Bedford, MA) notched a (6-0, 6-3) win over Butts at the No. 2 singles spot for the Anchorwomen.
• RIC sophomore Serena Bobola (Cranston, RI) had a (6-1, 6-0) victory at No. 3 singles against LaChapelle.
• Sollecito picked up the lone win of the day for Wentworth, defeating Zangari (6-0, 6-2) at No. 1 singles.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will resume Little East play at Castleton State on Saturday, Sept. 22 (1 p.m.).