Springfield, Mass.—Freshman Hillevi Esquilin (North Kingstown, RI) finished first in the 200-yard freestyle (2:09.93) as the Rhode Island College women's swimming team fell at Western New England, 121-64, at the Alumni Healthful Living Center pool on Friday evening.
Western New England 121, Rhode Island College 64
Western New England (3-2)
Rhode Island College (0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENEND
• The Anchorwomen relay team comprised of freshmen Abby Dion (Cumberland, RI), Jasmine Cooper (Belchertown, MA), Reegan Camire (Rochester, NH) and Esquilin placed first in the 200-yard medley relay (2:16.34).
• Esquilin also placed first in the 100-yard freestyle (1:00.69) and the 500-yard freestyle (6:04.37).
• Dion placed second in both the 50-yard freestyle (29.04) and in the 100-yard butterfly (1:12.15). She also finished third in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:29.15).
• Cooper finished fourth in the 200-yard freestyle (2:34.81), 100-yard butterfly (1:29.72) and the 100-yard backstroke (1:25.57).
• Camire finished second in the 1,000-yard freestyle (14:17.43), third in the 200-yard IM (2:58.34) and fourth in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:37.75).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host Plymouth State on Saturday, Dec. 7 (1 p.m.).