Smithfield, R.I.--Freshman Hillevi Esquilin (North Kingstown, RI) qualified for the New England Intercollegiate Swimming and Diving Association Championship (NEISDA) in the 200-yard IM with a first place time of 2:31.32 as the Rhode Island College women's swimming team fell to Eastern Connecticut, 130-59, on Saturday afternoon at Bryant University's Chase Wellness Center.
Eastern Connecticut 130, Rhode Island College 59
Eastern Connecticut (1-2)
Rhode Island College (0-1)
HOW IT HAPPENEND
• The Anchorwomen relay team comprised of freshman Abby Dion (Cumberland, RI), Jasmine Cooper (Belchertown, MA), Reegan Camire (Rochester, NH) and Esquilin placed second in both the 400-yard medley relay (5:05.65) and 400-yard freestyle relay (4:33.34).
• Esquilin placed first in both the 100-yard freestyle (1:00.89) and the 200-yard breaststroke (3:00.00).
• Dion finished first in the 50-yard freestyle (29.18), second in the 200-yard butterfly (2:48.17) and third in the 200-yard backstroke (2:58.52).
• Cooper fifth in the 200-yard freestyle (2:36.95), 100-yard freestyle (1:12.42) and the 500-yard freestyle (7:24.17).
• Camire placed finished fourth in both the 200-yard freestyle (2:33.69) and the 500-yard freestyle (6:55.50). She also finished fifth in the 200-yard IM (3:12.58).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at Western New England on Friday, November 22 (6 p.m.).