Dartmouth, Mass.—Freshman Hillevi Esquilin (North Kingstown, RI) qualified for the New England Intercollegiate Swimming and Diving Association (NEISDA) Championship in the 200-yard freestyle, 50-yard freestyle, 50-yard fly, 100-yard freestyle and the 100 IM at the 2019 Louise Goodrum Invitational, hosted by UMass Dartmouth on Saturday.
• RIC placed fifth (seven teams) with a team score of 21.0.
• UMass Dartmouth finished first with a team score of 33.5.
HOW IT HAPPENEND
• The Anchorwomen relay team comprised of freshmen Abby Dion (Cumberland, RI), Jasmine Cooper (Belchertown, MA), Reegan Camire (Rochester, NH) and Esquilin placed 11th in both the 200-yard medley relay (2:14.80) and the 200-yard freestyle relay (2:00.97).
• Esquilin placed third in the 100-yard freestyle (1:00.69), fourth in the 200-yard freestyle (2:12.38), eighth in the 100-yard IM (1:10.67) and 12th in the 50-yard fly (31:72).
• Dion finished ninth (1:13.70) in the 100-yard fly, 13th (2:24.30) in the 200-yard freestyle, 20th in the 100-yard freestyle (1:06.99), 22nd in the 50-yard fly (33:12) and 32nd in the 100-yard IM (1:18.74).
• Cooper placed 16th in the 50-yard backstroke (37:27), 24th in the 100-yard backstroke (1:24.57) and 41st in the 50-yard freestyle (32:43).
• Camire placed ninth in the 500-yard freestyle (6:43.84), finished 23rd in the 100-yard freestyle (1:08.24) and tied for 30th in the 50-yard freestyle (30:71).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host Eastern Connecticut on Saturday, Nov. 9 (1 p.m.).