Gorham, Maine--Senior goalkeeper Erica Edwards (North Kingstown, RI) made 12 saves as the Rhode Island College women's soccer team ended the 2019 season with a 1-0 double overtime loss at Southern Maine in Little East action played at Hannaford Field on Saturday afternoon.
Southern Maine 1, Rhode Island College 0 2OT
Southern Maine (8-9-1, 2-5 LEC)
Rhode Island College (4-13, 0-8 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The two teams battled to a scoreless tie for the 90 minutes of regulation and the first 10 minutes of overtime.
• The Huskies scored the game-winner just 17 seconds into the second overtime period when senior midfielder Emma Dennision (South Portland, ME) set up classmate forward Adela Kalilwa (Lewiston, ME) for the golden goal in the 101st minute. It was her eighth marker of the season.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Edwards made 12 saves in the loss (4-12).
• Freshman goalkeeper Kayla Gorman (Windham, ME) made six stops in the win (0-0) for USM.
• The Huskies led in shots, 27-9, and corner kicks, 10-3, in the win.