Plymouth, N.H.—Freshman forward Abigail Proulx (Smithfield, RI) and senior midfielder Madyson Christian (Douglas, MA) each scored as Rhode Island College fell, 7-2, at Plymouth State in Little East women's soccer action on Saturday afternoon.
Plymouth State 7, Rhode Island College 2
Plymouth State (6-6, 3-1 LEC)
Rhode Island College (3-10, 0-5 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Proulx put the Anchorwomen on top in the third minute with an unassisted goal, her third of the season.
• The Panthers stormed right back when junior forward Mallory Lloyd (Hartland, VT) set up sophomore midfielder Sarah Hicks (Sutton, MA) for the equalizer just 3:20 later.
• Lloyd put the hosts on top in the 15th minute with an unassisted marker and PSU never looked back.
• Senior defender Amy Luther (Westerly, RI) set up Lloyd for another strike in the 32nd minute and Lloyd picked up an assist on sophomore forward Jordan Meier's (Holderness, NH) goal in the 35th minute.
• Plymouth State led in shots, 8-4, in the first half, while the Anchorwomen held a 5-2 advantage in corner kicks.
• Lloyd registered her third assist of the day when she set up Hicks for her second of the game in the 52nd minute.
• Lloyd completed the hat trick effort with her third, and 10th of the season, in the 58th minute.
• The Panthers capped the day's offensive output when junior midfielder Keegan Burch (Nashua, NH) set up junior forward Maya Golowasch (West Harrison, NY) in the 78th minute.
• Plymouth led in shots, 7-3, and corner kicks, 3-1, in the second half.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Lloyd finished with three goals and three assists for nine points. She factored in six of the Panthers' seven goals.
• RIC senior goalkeeper Erica Edwards (North Kingstown, RI) made five saves in the loss (3-10).
• PSU sophomore goalkeeper Cat Robbins (Franklin, MA) made four saves in the win (5-2).
• Plymouth State led in shots, 15-7, while RIC held the advantage in corner kick opportunities, 6-5, in the game.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will continue Little East action at home vs. UMass Dartmouth on Wednesday, Oct. 16 (4 p.m.).