Middletown, Conn.-Sophomore Erica Edwards (North Kingstown, RI) made a career-best 16 saves as the Rhode Island College women's soccer team dropped a 1-0 decision at Wesleyan on Wednesday evening.
Wesleyan 1, Rhode Island College 0
(Rhode Island College 4-8-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Wesleyan got the only goal of the contest just 6:51 into the game when junior forward Maya Harlan (Hamden, CT) put in her own rebounded shot for her first goal of the season to give the Cardinal the one goal advantage.
• That goal would stand up as the game-winner as Wesleyan took the 1-0 victory.
• Junior forward Brittany DeGrooth (Westerly, RI) had the lone shot on goal for RIC in the setback.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Zoe Cassels-Brown (Bristol, VT) recorded one save in the victory for Wesleyan.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Wesleyan outshot RIC by a 35-2 margin and the Cardinal held an 8-0 advantage in corner kicks for the game.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will resume Little East Conference action at home against Western Connecticut on Saturday, Oct. 14 (1 p.m.).