Providence, R.I.—Three wrestlers picked pins to help lead the Rhode Island College wrestling team to a commanding, 48-2, victory against Plymouth State at the RIC Recreation Center on Saturday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 48, Plymouth State 2
Plymouth State (0-3)
Rhode Island College (1-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Plymouth State took the early, 3-0, advantage with a 5-4 win from freshman Will Jarvis (Point Pleasant, NJ).
• The Anchormen were then awarded a pair of forfeits at 133 lbs. and 141 lbs. to take the 12-3 advantage.
• RIC junior Samuel Lindblom (Waterford, CT) then staked the Anchormen to a 18-3 advantage after he pinned freshman Cam McClure (Hudson, NH) in a time of 6:59.
• Junior Zach Ford (Flagler Beach, FL) than posted a 6-2 win at 157 lbs. to put RIC up by a score of, 21-3, and an injury default win from freshman Alexander Hom (Middletown, DE) gave the Anchormen the 27-2 lead (Plymouth State was deducted a team point for coaching misconduct).
• After a forfeit from Plymouth State at 174 made the score 33-2, RIC senior Michael Gallagher (Saunderstown, RI) upped the lead to 36-2 with a 3-1 win at 184 lbs.
• Freshman Travis Manick (Methuen, MA) posted a pin in a time of 2:58 at 197 lbs. to put RIC ahead, 42-2. It was Manick's second pin of the day as he recorded one earlier on the day against Southern Maine.
• RIC junior Jordan Zanni (North Providence, RI) closed out the day with a pin at 285 lbs. to give the Anchormen the 48-2 win in the contest.
125 lbs. Will Jarvis (PSU) dec. Daniel Murray (RIC), 5-4
133 lbs. Stephen Masi (RIC) won by forfeit
141 lbs. Marc Uehling (RIC) won by forfeit
149 lbs. Samuel Lindblom (RIC) pinned Cam McClure (PSU) at 6:59
157 lbs. Zach Ford (RIC) dec. Billy Dunn (PSU), 6-2 21-2 (coach misconduct)
165 lbs. Alexander Hom (RIC) inj. Def. Warren Young (PSU) at 6:29
174 lbs. Nathan Stemple (RIC) won by forfeit
184 lbs. Michael Gallagher (RIC) dec. Matt Froio (PSU), 3-1
197 lbs. Travis Manick (RIC) pinned Derek Sardella (PSU) at 2:58
285 lbs. Jordan Zanni (RIC) pinned Kyllian Twiss (PSU) at 2:05
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Wilkes open on Dec. 22.