Franklin, Mass.--Sophomore midfielder Giana Ritchie (Cumberland, RI) scored four goals and added three assists to lead the Rhode Island College women's lacrosse team to a commanding, 20-1, victory against Dean in a non-conference contest played at Grant Field on Thursday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 20, Dean 1
Rhode Island College (1-1)
Dean College (0-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC freshman midfielder Morgan Pero (White River Junction, VT) scored five goals, while sophomore midfielder Madison McKenna (Cumberland, RI) added three goals and an assist in the win for the Anchorwomen.
• Sophomore attack Lauryn Wilks (Hartford, CT) scored the lone goal for Dean.
• Senior goalkeeper Julia Eaton (Cumberland, RI) notched 10 saves in the victory for RIC.
• Senior goalkeeper Jamaya Cleveland (Greensboro, GA) had seven stops in the loss for the Bulldogs.
• RIC scored just :59 into the contest on an unassisted goal from Pero and an unassisted goal from Ritchie with 26:04 left in the first half gave the Anchorwomen the 2-0 lead and would prove to be the game winner.
• Pero had four first half goals to propel RIC to the 14-1 advantage heading into halftime.
• Freshman defender Shelby Brooks (Warwick, RI) scored a pair of second half goals for the Anchorwomen en route to the 20-1 victory.
• RIC had a 34-12 advantage in shots and a 14-8 advantage in draw controls.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host Southern Vermont on Saturday, March 23 (1 p.m.).