New Haven, Conn.--The Rhode Island College men's outdoor track & field team notched a tie for 35th place finish at the 2019 New England Open Championship, hosted by Southern Connecticut State on Friday and Saturday, May 10-11.
• The Anchormen finished in a tie for 35th place (38 teams) with a team scored of 2.0 in the field that featured NCAA Division I, II and III teams from throughout New England. Host Southern Connecticut took home the team title with a score of 112.0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) was seventh in the hammer (54.36m).
• Junior Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) finished 12th in the 400m hurdles (54.94).
• Freshman Matthew Thibaudeau (Lincoln, RI) placed 11th in the hammer (48.83m).
• Senior Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) was 13th in the hammer (47.68m)
• Junior Joseph Palazzo (North Providence, RI) finished 18th in the hammer (45.20m).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the MIT Last Chance Meet on Thursday, May 16 (10 a.m.).