Boston, Mass.-- Senior Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) notched a 13th place finish in the weight throw (15.04m) as the Rhode Island College men's track & field team competed at the 2019 John Thomas Terrier Classic hosted by Boston University on Friday and Saturday.
• This individual meet featured some of the best NCAA Division I, II and III team from throughout the Northeast region.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Sophomore Andre Solomon-Messier (North Providence, RI) recorded a 127th place finish in the 800m (2:08.99).
• Sophomore Mike Rossi (Lincoln, RI) finished 39th in the 60m (7.78) and was 135th in the 200m (24.82).
• Freshman Axel-demaude Bandoma (North Providence, RI) finished 109th in the 400m (52.58).
• Sophomore Stanley Guillaume (Boston, MA) notched a 47th place finish in the 500m (1:22.84).
• Freshman Matthew Russom (Fort Kent, NY) was 58th in the 1,000m (3:06.28)
• Freshman Edward Garofalo (Newport, RI) finished 26th in the triple jump (12.87m).
• Spruill notched a 13th place finish in the weight throw (15.04m), while freshman Matthew Thibaudeau (Lincoln, RI) finished 20th (13.57m) in the same event.
• Junior Joe Palazzo (North Providence, RI) finished 23rd in the weight throw (12.89m) and senior Adam Stomberg (West Greenwich, RI) placed 34th (11.03m) in the same event.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the New England Open Championship at the Reggie Lewis Track Center on Saturday, Feb. 2 (10 a.m.).