Brunswick, Maine--Senior Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) finished first in the weight throw as the Rhode Island College men's track & field team finished sixth (nine teams) at the Bowdoin Invitational on Saturday afternoon.
• Rhode Island College finished sixth with 27.0 points. WPI won the invitational with a team score of 216.0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Spruill won the weight throw (16.38m) and finished ninth in the shot (11.59m).
• Freshman Matthew Thibaudeau (Lincoln, RI) finished second in the weight throw (14.45m).
• Junior Joe Palazzo (North Providence, RI) finished sixth in the weight throw (13.28m).
• Freshman Edward Garofalo (Newport, RI) finished second in the triple jump (13.16m) and 10th in the long jump (5.75m). He also finished 18th in the 200m (25.64).
• Junior Mohammed Chaghlil (Warwick, RI) finished 11th in the 800m (2:21.61).
• Sophomore Mike Rossi (Lincoln, RI) placed 17th in the preliminaries of the 60m (7.61). He also finished 12th in the 200m (25.18).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Smith Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 19.