Castleton, Vt.--Freshman forward Brandon Ramos (Boston, MA) led Rhode Island College with four shots in a 2-0 setback at Castleton State in Little East Conference men's soccer action on Saturday afternoon.
Castleton State 2, Rhode Island College 0
Rhode Island College (3-3-1, 1-1-0 LEC)
Castleton State (4-3-1, 1-0-1 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The two teams were deadlocked through the first 20 minutes before junior midfielder Jack Kingdon (Woodbury, CT) sent a pass to sophomore forward Seraphin Iradukunda (Burlington, VT) who buried a shot into the far corner of the net to give Castleton a 1-0 advantage.
• The host Spartans took a one-goal lead into halftime after outshooting RIC by a 10-2 margin.
• Kingdon added an insurance goal in the 68th minute to propel Castleton to the shutout.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Sophomore goalkeeper Charlie Tashjian (West Warwick, RI) posted six saves in the setback (3-3-1) for the Anchormen.
• Castleton sophomore goalkeeper Alex Fernald (Phippsburg, ME) recorded two stops in the win (2-2-1) for the Spartans.
• Castleton held a 20-7 advantage in shots and led, 4-1, in corner kicks for the contest.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will continue Little East Conference play at home against Plymouth State on Wednesday, Sept. 26 (6 p.m.).