Franklin, Mass.—Freshman forward Jonathan Oliveira (Providence, RI) scored his first career goal as Rhode Island College blanked Dean, 3-0, in collegiate men's soccer action on Wednesday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 3, Dean 0
Rhode Island College (3-2-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The Anchormen scored what proved to be the game-winning goal in the 31st minute when junior midfielder Jack Clancey (Narragansett, RI) found the back of the net. Senior defender Kyle Ferreira (Westerly, RI) picked up an assist on the play.
• Rhode Island College netted an insurance marker exactly four minutes later in the 35th minute freshman Oliveira set up freshman forward Brandon Ramos (Boston, MA) for a tally.
• RIC led, 2-0, at halftime and held a 13-3 advantage in shots over the first 45 minutes.
• Ramos repaid Oliveira by setting his classmate up for the contest's third and final goal in the 57th minute.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Sophomore goalkeeper Charlie Tashjian (West Warwick, RI) recorded three stops in the victory (3-2-1) for the Anchormen.
• Dean sophomore goalkeeper Devin Moore (Walpole, MA) notched 10 saves in the loss (0-4) for Southern Maine.
• RIC outshot Dean, 24-5, and held an 11-5 advantage in corner kicks.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will resume Little East Conference play at Castleton State on Saturday, Sept. 22 (1 p.m.).