Providence, R.I.--Senior defenseman Elimane Seye (Providence, RI) scored the lone goal to give the Rhode Island College men's soccer team a 1-0 victory against Keene State in a Little East Conference contest played at Alumni Field on Saturday afternoon.
The game was the final regular season home contest for senior midfielder Brandon Brelsford (Providence, RI), senior midfielder Ty Catunto (New Bedford, MA), senior forward Komla Dogbey (Providence, RI), senior forward Cooper Ferreira (Westerly, RI), senior defenseman Gabriel Paiz (North Providence, RI), senior midfielder Dylan Pacheco (Tiverton, RI) and Seye.
Rhode Island College 1, Keene State 0
(Keene State 6-5-4, 2-2-2 LEC)
(Rhode Island College 7-7-1, 4-2 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Rhode Island College tallied the game's first goal in the 15th minute when Seye headed in his third goal of the year after a crossing pass from junior midfielder Dennis Vazquez (Providence, RI).
• Vazquez had a chance to put the Anchormen up by two goals with just under two minutes left in the stanza, but his free kick from 30 yards out hit the crossbar.
• RIC took the one goal lead heading into halftime after outshooting Keene State by an 11-5 margin.
• That goal would stand up as the game-winner as RIC took the 1-0 victory
• Freshman Charlie Tashjian (West Warwick, RI) (7-6-1) made one save for RIC in the victory, while senior goalkeeper Jason Smith (Gales Ferry, CT) (6-4) had five saves in a losing effort.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC held a 20-6 advantage in shots for the contest, while both teams had two corner kicks.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to intra-city rival Johnson & Wales on Tuesday, Oct. 24 (4 p.m.).