Rhode Island College freshman goalkeeper Charlie Tashjian (West Warwick, RI) made 11 saves as the Anchormen fell, 1-0, at Western Connecticut in Little East Conference men's soccer action played at the WAC on Sunday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 0, Western Connecticut 1
Rhode Island College (6-6-1, 3-2 LEC)
Western Connecticut (10-6, 3-2 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Rhode Island College and the Colonials battled to a scoreless first half, with the hosts holding a 10-3 advantage in shots.
• Western scored the game-winning goal in the 82nd minute when junior forward Chauncey Allers (Wilton, CT) netted his 11th marker of the season, converting a pass from sophomore back Spencer Ranno (Sherman, CT).
• Tashjian made 11 saves in a losing effort (6-5-1), while Western junior netminder Luca DiCarlo (Waterbury, CT) made four saves in the win (8-3).
BY THE NUMBERS
• Western Connecticut outshot RIC, 21-6, and held a 6-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• Junior midfielder Dennis Vazquez (Providence, RI) led RIC with four shots.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will play at Westfield State on Wednesday, Oct. 18 (7 p.m.).