Cranston, R.I.—Senior Austin Cilley (Westerly, RI) and sophomore Nathan Patterson (Conway, MA) finished tied for 14th as the Rhode Island College men's golf team notched an eighth place finish at the Johnson & Wales University Wildcat Spring Invitational, hosted at Cranston Country Club on Saturday and Sunday.
• Rhode Island College finished in eighth place with a 640 (321, 319) over the 36-hole tournament. Husson won the team title with a score of 602 (309, 293). The course was a par-71 that measured 6,492 yards and featured 19 teams from throughout New England.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Cilley finished tied for 14th with a 157 (81, 76), while Patterson was also tied for 14th with a 157 (83, 74) for the Anchormen.
• Junior Mike Caparco (Johnston, RI) finished in a tie for 36th with a 161 (79, 82).
• Senior Josh Macera (Cranston, RI) rounded out the golfers for the Anchormen, finishing tied for 53rd with a 165 (78, 87).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will take on Johnson & Wales at "The Cup," a Ryder Cup style event featuring the two intra-city rivals on Saturday and Sunday, May 5-6 at Metacomet Country Club.