New Haven, Conn.--Senior Allie DiBiase (North Kingstown, RI) tied for eighth on the vault (9.375) and compiled a third place finish in the all-around (35.800) as the Rhode Island College women's gymnastics team competed against Southern Connecticut and Brockport on Sunday afternoon.
• RIC finished in third place (three teams) with a season-best team score of 178.450, while Southern Connecticut finished in first place with a 191.125. Brockport was second with a team score of 188.850.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• In addition to her third place finish in the all-around (35.000) and eighth place finish on vault (9.375), DiBiase was 11th on bars (9.050), 16th on beam (8.500) and 18th on floor (8.875).
• Senior Miranda Murphy (Lansdale, PA) earned a fourth place finish in the all-around (35.450). She finished 17th on vault (8.950), 17th on bars (8.700), 14th on beam (8.675) and 15th on floor (9.125).
• Junior Grace Davis (Royersford, PA) recorded a team-best 12th place finish on floor (9.400) and also had a team-best 13th place finish on beam (8.750).
• Sophomore Kaela Skerl (Albuquerque, NM) posted a 15th place finish on bars (8.800), was 18th on beam (7.425) and 13th on floor (9.200).
• Junior Chandler Lynn (Grosse Pointe Woods, MI) registered a 13th place finish on floor (9.200) and was 14th on bars (8.850),
• Sophomore Christa Vaccaro (Winthrop, MA) posted a 13th place finish on bars (8.925), was 14th on vault (9.200), and 17th on floor (8.900).
• Junior Kyndel Yett (Carrollton, GA) took 13th on vault (9.225) and was 18th on bars (8.125).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to Brockport for a tri-match with Ithaca on Saturday, Feb. 2 (1:00 p.m.).