Providence, R.I.--Senior Allie DiBiase (North Kingstown, RI) recorded a third place finish in the all-around (35.350) as the Rhode Island College women's gymnastics team competed at the Brown Quad Meet on Saturday evening.
• RIC finished in fourth place (four teams) with a 177.85 team score, while Bridgeport captured the team championship with a 195.075. Brown finished second (191.225) and Hamline placed third (177.850).
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Junior Grace Davis (Royersford, PA) tied her career-best score on floor (9.500), which was good for a 14th place finish. Davis also registered a 16th place finish (9.300) on beam.
• DiBiase finished 16th on vault (9.425), 20th on bars (8.475), 22nd on beam (8.075) and 18th on floor (9.375).
• Senior Miranda Murphy (Lansdale, PA) registered a fourth place finish in the all-around (35.225). She was 20th on vault (9.125), tied for 21st on bars (8.375), 21st on beam (8.350) and was tied for 18th on floor (9.375).
• Sophomore Christa Vaccaro (Winthrop, MA) posted a 19th place finish on bars (8.600), 18th on vault (9.200) and was 17th on floor (9.400).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to Southern Connecticut for a tri-match with Brockport on Sunday, Jan. 27 (1 p.m.).