Providence, R.I.—Seniors Allie DiBiase (North Kingstown, RI) and Miranda Murphy (Lansdale, PA) competed in their final home meet as the Rhode Island College women's gymnastics team fell to Ithaca, 187.000-176.275, at the Murray Center on Sunday afternoon.
Ithaca 187.000, Rhode Island College 176.275
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Murphy won the all-around for the Anchorwomen with a score of 36.150. She finished 11th on vault (8.750), seventh on bars (8.950), third on beam (9.175) and eighth on floor (9.275).
• DiBiase finished second in the all-around (34.575). She placed fifth on vault (9.300), tied for fifth on bars (9.025), was ninth on beam (8.200) and 12th on floor (8.050).
• RIC junior Kyndel Yett (Carrolton, GA) was the top finisher for the Anchorwomen on floor with a sixth place finish (9.350). She also placed seventh on vault (9.200). Junior Grace Davis (Royersford, PA) posted a career-high score on floor (9.500).
• Ithaca junior Cassidy Marquette (West Long Branch, NJ) recorded a first place finish on vault (9.600) and a fourth place finish on floor (9.550). Freshman Mackenzie Kennedy (Aldie, VA) notched a first place finish on floor (9.675) for Ithaca.
• Bombers sophomore Courtney Christoforo (Saco, ME) posted the top score on bars (9.500), while sophomore Katie Holcomb (Chicago, IL) was the top finisher on beam (9.500).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at Brown on Saturday, Jan. 26 (7 p.m.).