Providence, R.I.—Senior Allie DiBiase (North Kingstown, RI) notched a fifth place finish (35.650) in the all-around as the Rhode Island College women's gymnastics team opened the 2018-19 season with a fourth place finish (four teams) at a quad-meet held at The Murray Center on Saturday afternoon.
• RIC finished in fourth place (four teams) with a 177.200 team score, while Brockport captured the team championship with a 186.300. Springfield finished second (183.300) and Ursinus placed fourth (180.125).
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Junior Grace Davis (Royersford, PA) notched a career-best score on floor (9.450), which was good for a 10th-place tie. Davis also registered an 11th place finish (8.950) on beam.
• Junior Chandler Lynn (Grosse Pointe Woods, MI) posted a career-best mark on floor (9.450) to finish tied for 10th place. She also posted a 17th place finish (8.450) on bars.
• Sophomore Christa Vaccaro (Winthrop, MA) posted a career-best score on floor (9.300) and finished tied for 14th on that event. Vaccaro also tied for seventh on vault (9.325) and tied for 12th on bars (8.750).
• DiBiase tied for seventh (9.325) on vault, finished 10th on bars (8.800), 21st on beam (7.950) and sixth on floor (9.575).
• Senior Miranda Murphy (Lansdale, PA) posted a sixth place finish (35.000) in the all-around. She finished 16th on vault (9.125), 14th on bars (8.700), tied for 19th on beam (8.225) and was tied for 20th on floor (8.950).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host Ithaca on Sunday, Jan. 13 (1 p.m.).