Bridgewater, Mass.--The Rhode Island College baseball team suffered a, 3-2, setback in 10 innings at Bridgewater State on Tuesday afternoon.
Bridgewater State 3, Rhode Island College 2 (10 innings)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC senior first baseman Tyler Walsh (Cumberland, RI) went 1-for-4 with two runs scored, while junior designated hitter Ray Zincone (West Warwick, RI) went 1-for-3 with an RBI and drew a walk.
• Bridgewater State was led by senior first baseman Dominic Precopio (Framingham, MA) who went 3-for-4 with two RBI, while senior designated hitter Kevin Bresciani (Hopedale, MA) was 2-for-5 with an RBI.
• RIC junior reliever Jake Rockefeller (Cumberland, RI) took the loss (0-1) in relief for the Anchormen, allowing one run on one hit with one strikeout in 3.2 innings.
• Sophomore David Kerns (Cambridge, MA) earned the win (3-1) for Bridgewater, throwing one scoreless inning of relief for the Bears.
• RIC struck first on an RBI single from junior catcher Nick Feola (North Providence, RI) in the top of the second.
• Bridgewater State took the 2-1 lead in the bottom of the second on a two-run single from Precopio.
• After three scoreless innings, Zincone knotted the game, 2-2, with an RBI single in the top of the sixth.
• The game remained tied until the bottom of the tenth when Bresciani had a double to left center that scored freshman second baseman Liam Bell (Wells, ME) to give the Bears the, 3-2, victory.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to Clark on Thursday, April 25 (3:30 p.m.).