Welcome to the Rhode Island College Club Sports Program. Please carefully review the following information and forms required for participation in Club Sports.
This summer, Rhode Island College Sports Medicine has transitioned to using an online health portal (Medicat) to house all medical information for students. Unlike previous years where paperwork was mailed, faxed, or submitted on check-in days, all health paperwork will now be filled out and stored electronically. Once registered for classes, you will have access to the “Patient Portal” in Medicat. The information contained in these forms is accessible only to the professional staff of Health Services and Athletic Training Staff. You are not eligible for participation until all forms are completed.
· Click here for the letter for incoming RIC students explaining how to access the Patient Portal. If you would like additional information on general health requirements for Rhode Island College, click here.
· Once your physical exam, immunizations, emergency contact info, tuberculosis assessment and insurance information are complete in the Patient Portal, call (401) 456-8055 to schedule an appointment to obtain clearance for athletics participation.
· Also utilizing the Patient Portal, under the forms tab, scroll to Club Sport Participation and complete the “Club Sports Consents and Policies” in addition to “Athletic History – New” form.
· Schedule an appointment at (401) 456-8055 to review your information and obtain clearance for athletics participation.
**Returners may choose to have their physical exam renewed by Health Services in place of uploading one from their primary care physician. Call for an appointment**
· In the Patient Portal, under forms, scroll down to the Club Sports section and complete the “Club Sports Consents and Policies” form.
Please Contact Justin Sjovall, Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine & Club Sports at (401)456-8397 or email@example.com