Wenham, Mass.-Freshman Shayna Cousineau (Cranston, RI), the reigning Little East Conference Rookie of the Week, notched a fifth place finish (19:26.70) to lead the Rhode Island College women's cross country team to a third place finish (12 teams) at the 2017 Pop Crowell Invitational hosted by Gordon College on Saturday.
• The Anchorwomen finished with 95 points, while the University of New England took home the team title with 30 points on the afternoon.
• There were a total of 12 teams and 125 runners competing at the event.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Cousineau was the Anchorwomen's top finisher for the second straight week.
• Junior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) recorded a 13th place finish (20:21.80), while junior Rebecca Meinertz (Smithfield, RI) rounded out the top-20 runners for the Anchorwomen, placing 17th (20:28.80).
• Sophomore Wennely Figueroa (Providence, RI) was right behind Paiva and clocked a time of (24:25.80) for a 68th place finish.
• Junior Maggie Buckley (Norwich, CT) rounded out the runners for the Anchorwomen, finishing in 124th place (38:47.6).
BY THE NUMBERS
• The Anchorwomen averaged 22:03 per runner over the 5K course at Gordon.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Westfield State on Saturday, Oct. 7 (Noon).