Danbury, Conn.--Senior outside hitter Jillian Ward (Coventry, RI) tallied nine kills, six digs and three blocks as the Rhode Island College volleyball team dropped a 3-1 (17-25, 25-23, 18-25, 22-25) decision at Western Connecticut in a Little East Conference contest on Tuesday evening.
Western Connecticut 3, Rhode Island College 1
Rhode Island College (13-11, 4-3 LEC)
Western Connecticut (16-9, 4-3 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC junior setter Jacqueline Jutras (Foster, RI) had 22 assists, seven digs and four kills in the setback.
• Freshman outside hitter Amelia Murphy (North Attleboro, MA) posted nine kills, while senior defensive specialist Marisa Brynes (Cranston, RI) notched seven digs, eight assists and three service aces.
• Senior outside hitter Kamari King (West Hartford, CT) led the way for Western Connecticut with a match-high 15 kills, nine digs and two blocks, while sophomore Ali Brochu (Winsted, CT) notched 10 kills in the victory.
• Senior setter Jenna Skerritt (Wolcott, CT) had 38 assists, eight digs, seven service aces and five kills for the Colonials.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC posted a .125 (34-30-112 total attacks) hitting percentage in the loss, while Western Connecticut hit .197 (47-24-117 total attacks) in the win.
• RIC had 39 digs and eight service aces, while Western Connecticut had 17 service aces and 52 digs for the evening.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will continue Little East action at home vs. Keene State on Saturday, Oct. 27 (Noon).