Castleton, Vt.--Junior setter Jacqueline Jutras (Foster, RI) notched 20 assists, six service aces, two digs and a pair of kills to lead the Rhode Island College volleyball team to a commanding, 3-0 (25-18, 25-11, 25-8), victory at Castleton in a Little East Conference contest on Saturday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 3, Castleton 0
Rhode Island College (13-10, 4-2 LEC)
Castleton (2-17, 0-6 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC senior outside hitter Jillian Ward (Coventry, RI) tallied seven kills, two digs and two service aces, while sophomore middle hitter Emilia Vaziri (Cranston, RI) registered six kills and a pair of digs in the victory.
• Senior defensive specialist Marisa Brynes (Cranston, RI) picked up a match-best 13 digs for the Anchorwomen.
• Castleton was led by sophomore right side hitter Gabrielle Carpenter (Vernon, VT) with five kills and three digs in the setback.
• Senior setter Brianna Hake (St. George, VT) notched six assists and seven digs for the Spartans.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC posted a .276 (38-14-87 total attacks) hitting percentage in the victory, while Castleton hit -.070 (12 kills-17-71 total attacks) in the contest.
• RIC had 30 digs, 14 service aces and two blocks in the victory.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will continue Little East action at Western Connecticut on Tuesday, Oct. 23 (7 p.m.).