Henniker, N.H.--The Rhode Island College women's volleyball team swept a non-conference tri-match at New England College on Saturday afternoon. RIC opened the day with a 3-0 (25-10, 25-17, 25-15) victory over Newbury. The Anchorwomen then completed the sweep with a 3-0 (25-19, 25-23, 25-21) win over host New England College to wrap up the day.
Rhode Island College 3, Newbury 0
Rhode Island College (11-9)
Rhode Island College 3, New England College 0
Rhode Island College (12-9)
New England College (9-17)
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. NEWBURY
• RIC senior outside jitter Jillian Ward (Coventry, RI) registered a match-high eight kills and picked up six digs in the victory.
• Newbury was paced by sophomore outside hitter Monica Bolduk (Vernon, CT) with four kills and four digs.
• Freshman setter Halie Sanders (McDonough, GA) notched nine assists, five digs and two service aces for the Nighthawks.
BY THE NUMBERS VS. NEWBURY
• RIC posted a remarkable .366 (43-13-82) hitting percentage in the win, while Newbury hit -.115 (11-20-78) in the contest.
• RIC had 42 digs and nine service aces in the win. Newbury posted 22 digs in the setback.
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. NEW ENGLAND COLLEGE
• Freshman outside hitter Amelia Murphy (North Attleboro, MA) led the way for the Anchorwomen with 13 kills, while Ward narrowly missed a double-double with nine kills and a team-best 13 digs in the victory.
• Jutras posted 25 assists, three kills and five digs. Senior defensive specialist Marisa Brynes (Cranston, RI) recorded 12 digs and a pair of service aces.
• New England College was led by sophomore middle hitter Dreka Griffin (Calera, AL) with 12 kills and two digs.
• Freshman setter Maggie Dadmun (Cape Elizabeth, ME) tallied 15 assists and pair of service aces for the Pilgrims.
BY THE NUMBERS VS. NEW ENGLAND COLLEGE
• RIC posted a .125 (34-22-96) hitting percentage in the victory, while New England College hit .144 (27-14-90) in the contest.
• RIC had 43 digs and 13 service aces, while New England College totaled 33 digs in the loss.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will resumer Little East action at UMass Boston on Tuesday, Oct. 16 (7 p.m.).