Providence, R.I.--Freshman outside hitter Amelia Murphy (North Attleboro, MA) registered a career-best 22 kills and to go along with four digs to lead the Rhode Island College women's volleyball team to a 3-0 (25-16, 25-12, 25-21) win against Plymouth State in a Little East Conference contest played at the Murray Center on Saturday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 3, Plymouth State 0
Rhode Island College (7-4, 1-0 LEC)
Plymouth State (7-7, 0-2 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC senior outside hitter Jillian Ward (Coventry, RI) notched six kills and added a match-best 22 digs and four service aces.
• Junior setter Jacqueline Jutras (Foster, RI) posted 32 set assists, five digs and four service aces for the Anchorwomen.
• Senior libero Marisa Brynes (Cranston, RI) recorded 13 digs in the victory.
• Plymouth State was paced by junior outside hitter Alexis Bowers (Port St. Lucia, FL) with 11 kills and 12 digs, while freshman setter Alexa Price (Moultonborough, NH) recorded 23 assists, two digs and two kills.
• PSU senior defensive specialist Brooke Beaudet (Guilford, NH) picked up a team-best 16 digs.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC registered a .206 (37-15-107) hitting percentage in the victory, while Plymouth State hit .162 (33-16-105) in the contest.
• Plymouth State led in digs (54-51).
• The Anchorwomen also knocked down 12 service aces and six blocks in the victory.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host Trinity in the final contest of the tri-match at The Murray Center on Saturday, Sept. 22 (4 p.m.).