Geneva, Ohio—Rhode Island College senior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI) advanced to the finals of the 100m with a school-record performance as the Anchorwomen saw action in day two of the 2019 NCAA Div. III Women's Outdoor Track and Field National Championship, hosted by the SPIRE Institute on Friday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Grammas notched a seventh place finish in the preliminaries of the 100m (11.92) and advanced to the finals of the event on Saturday. Grammas' time broke her own school record, set earlier this season.
• Senior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) finished in 21st place in the preliminaries of the 800m (2:18.66) and didn't advance to Saturday's finals.
• The Anchorwomen will have six student-athletes competing on the final day of the NCAA Division III National Championship on Saturday.
• Eleni Grammas will compete in the finals of the 100m and with the 4x100m relay team.
• The 4x100m relay team comprised of Eleni Grammas, junior Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI), freshman Trinity Hayes (Providence, RI) and senior Nicole Grammas (Cranston, RI) will also compete in the finals of that event.