Manchester, N.H.--Senior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) broke her own school record in the 3,000m steeplechase (11:43.39) with a second place finish to help lead the Rhode Island College women's track & Field team to a third place (28 teams) finish at the 2019 Southern New Hampshire University Penmen Relays on Saturday.
• The Anchorwomen placed third (28 teams) with a team score of 77.0. Assumption won the title with a team score of 112.0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• In addition to her record-setting performance in the 3,000m steeplechase, McCaffrey also finished fifth in the 400m (1:00.93).
• Junior Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) placed fourth in both the 200m (25.70m) and the long jump (5.41m).
• Senior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI) recorded a second place finish in both the 100m (12.22) and the 200m (25.44).
• Freshman Trinity Hayes (Providence, RI) took third in the 400m (59.74).
• Senior Nicole Grammas (Cranston, RI) placed seventh in the 400m (1:01.49).
• Junior Jacklyn Xavier (Cumberland, RI) had a 10th place finish in the preliminaries of the 100m (12.92) and was sixth in the 200m (25.92).
• Sophomore Bryana Mullin (Warwick, RI) notched a 24th place finish in the 800m (2:35.96), while junior Nicuary Nunez (Central Falls, RI) was 34th (2:41.89) in the same event
• Junior Chevell Burgess (Providence, RI) recorded an eighth place finish in the 400m hurdles (1:08.19) and was 33rd in the long jump (4.23m).
• Freshman Madisen Martin (Marion, MA) finished 17th in the javelin (30.56m) and took 32nd in the 400m hurdles (1:18.22).
• Senior Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) won the hammer (50.34m), had a sixth place finish in the shot (11.25m) and notched an eighth place finish in the discus (33.91m).
• Sophomore Chelsea Yang (Warwick, RI) took second in the hammer (50.12m) and was 19th in the shot (10.39m).
• Sophomore Melissa Mejia (Providence, RI) registered a sixth place finish in the hammer (46.68) and was 15th in the discus (31.34m).
• Freshman Georgerinna Farley (Providence, RI) was fifth in the hammer (47.03m) and 24th in the discus (28.50m).
• Junior Jamie Dobson (Bradford, RI) placed seventh in the hammer (42.84m) and was 30th in the javelin (27.30m).
• Junior Florence Fagbote (Providence, RI) had a 27th place finish in the hammer (31.08m) and was 59th in the discus (15.02m). Classmate Analise England (Smithfield, RI) finished 20th in the javelin (29.58m).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the MIT Invitational on Saturday, April 20 (10 a.m.).