Fitchburg, Mass.--Rhode Island College junior Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) finished first in three events as the women's outdoor track & field team finished third at the Jim Sheehan Memorial Invitational, hosted by Fitchburg State on Saturday afternoon.
• The Anchorwomen placed third (19 teams) with a team score of 124.0. Keene State won the title with a team score of 146.0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Landroche finished first in the long jump (5.49m), triple jump (11.14m) and as part of the 4x100m relay (48.51). She also finished 12th in the 400m (1:08.09).
• Senior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) finished first and established a new program record in the 3,000m steeplechase (11:53.66).
• Freshman Trinity Hayes (Providence, RI) finished first in both the 200m (26.39) and as part of the 4x100m relay (48.51). She also finished third in the 100m (13.31).
• Senior Nicole Grammas (Cranston, RI) finished first in the 4x100m relay (48.51), second in the 100m (13.19) and third in the 200m (26.95).
• Senior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI) finished first in the 4x100m relay (48.51) and fifth in the 400m (1:03.32).
• Junior Jacklyn Xavier (Cumberland, RI) placed fourth in the 400m (1:02.23). Junior Chevell Burgess (Providence, RI) finished third in the triple jump (10.62m) and fourth in the 100m hurdles (17.44).
• Senior Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) placed second in the hammer (49.78m), fourth in the shot (11.12m) and sixth in the discus (30.72m).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Southern New Hampshire Invitational on Saturday, April 13.