Gorham, Maine--Freshman Chelsea Yang (Warwick, RI) won the weight throw (17.49m), while junior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI) took first place in the 55m (7.34), as the Rhode Island College women's indoor track & field team competed at the Maine State Open, hosted by the University of Southern Maine on Saturday.
• There was no team scoring for the event.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC senior Destinee Barrette (Warwick, RI) finished in third place in both the weight throw (14.12m) and the shot (10.27m).
• Sophomore Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) registered a fourth place finish in the weight throw (14.04m) and placed second 21 the shot (10.62m).
• Freshman Melissa Mejia (Providence, RI) finished fifth (13.72m) in the weight throw, while classmate Jasmine Gallo-Fusco (Warwick, RI) notched an sixth place finish in the same event (12.67m) for the Anchorwomen.
• RIC freshman Rachel Meus (Providence, RI) recorded a second place finish in the high jump (1.53m).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to the Tufts Last Chance Meet on Saturday, March 3 (10 a.m.).