Springfield, Mass.-Freshman Chelsea Yang (Warwick, RI) established a new school record and won the New England Championship in the weight throw (17.61m) as the Rhode Island College women's indoor track and field team competed at the 2018 New England Div. III Championship, held at Springfield on Saturday.
• The Anchorwomen finished in 13th place (30 teams) with 21.0 points. Williams took the team title with 149.0 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Destinee Barrette (Warwick, RI) was an All-New England performer with a sixth place finish in the weight throw (15.11m). She also finished in 25th place in the shot (9.66m).
• Junior Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) picked up all New England accolades with a seventh place finish in the weight throw (14.97m). She also placed 21st in the shot (10.27m).
• The 4x200m relay team comprised of junior Nicole Grammas (Cranston, RI), junior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI), sophomore Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) and sophomore Jacklyn Xavier (Cumberland, RI) earned All-New England honors with a third place finish (1:47.11).
• Freshman Jasmine Gallo-Fusco (Warwick, RI) notched an 11th place finish in the weight throw (13.75m), while freshman Melissa Mejia (Providence, RI) finished 13th (13.73m) in the weight throw for the Anchorwomen.
• Eleni Grammas had a 10th place finish in the 200m (26.53) for the Anchorwomen.
• RIC freshman Rachel Meus (Providence, RI) recorded an 11th place finish in the high jump (1.55m).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Southern Maine Invitational on Saturday, Feb. 24 (10 a.m.).