Boston, Mass.-Freshman Chelsea Yang (Warwick, RI) placed third in the weight throw (16.70m) as the Rhode Island College women's indoor track & field team competed at the Boston University John Thomas Terrier Classic on Saturday.
• There was no team scoring at the event that featured some of the top NCAA Div. I, II, and III track & field programs in New England.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Junior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI) notched a 23rd place finish in the preliminaries of the 60m (8.22) and finished in 75th place in the preliminaries of the 200m.
• Sophomore Jacklyn Xavier (Cumberland, RI) finished in 41st place (8.37) in the preliminaries of the 60m.
• Junior Nicole Grammas (Cranston, RI) recorded a 64th place finish in the 200m (26.77) and placed 21st in the 500m (1:20.56) for the Anchorwomen.
• Freshman Rachel Meus (Providence, RI) registered a 72nd place finish in the 400m (1:02.89).
• Freshman Shayna Cousineau (Cranston, RI) placed 82nd in the 800m (2:33.39).
• Sophomore Analise England (Smithfield, RI) posted a 43rd place finish in the 1,000m (3:28.28).
• Sophomore Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) took home 18th place in the weight throw (14.30m) and finished in 29th place in the shot (11.20m).
• Senior Destinee Barrett (Warwick, RI) finished in 15th place in the weight throw and was in 39th place in the shot (10.09m).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to the Reggie Lewis Center in Boston for the New England Open Championship on Saturday, Feb. 3 (10 a.m.)