Springfield, Mass.-Senior Destinee Barrette (Warwick, RI) took home second place in the weight throw (15.04m) and was sixth in the shot (9.88m) to lead the Rhode Island College women's indoor track & field team at the Springfield College Maroon & White Classic on Saturday.
• There was no team scoring at the event that featured the top NCAA Div. III Track & Field programs in New England.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC freshman Chelsea Yang (Warwick, RI) took home first place in the weight throw (16.22m) for the fourth straight competition.
• Sophomore Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) took home third place in the weight throw (14.73m) and was fourth in the shot (10.47m).
• Junior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI) finished in third place in the 60m (8.07) and was ninth place in the 400m (1:05.72)
• Junior Nicole Grammas (Cranston, RI) notched fourth place finish in the 200m (27.30) and was fifth in the 60m (8.15) for the Anchorwomen.
• Freshman Shayna Cousineau (Cranston, RI) placed fifth in the 3,000m (11:26.64).
• Sophomore Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) placed seventh in the long jump (4.62m).
• Freshman Rachel Meus (Providence, RI) took home a ninth place finish in the high jump (1.49m)
• Sophomore Jacklyn Xavier (Cumberland, RI) notched a seventh place finish in the 200m (27.60).
• Junior Laura Paiva (Coventry, RI) recorded a fifth place finish in the 5,000m (22:04.66).
• Junior Rebecca Meinertz (Smithfield, RI) placed 14th in the mile (6:02.06).
• Sophomore Analise England (Smithfield, RI) posted an eighth place finish in the 600m (1:53.62).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Boston University Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 27.