Milton, Mass.--Sophomores Grace Zangari (Saunderstown, RI) and Hailey Raskob (North Smithfield, RI) each picked up a pair of wins to lead the Rhode Island College women's tennis team to an, 8-0, victory over Curry in a non-conference matchup played at the Trent Scott courts on Thursday evening.
The win was the 10th straight to open the 2018 campaign and 32th straight regular season victory for the Anchorwomen, dating back to October 6, 2016.
Rhode Island College 8, Curry 0
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC senior Katherine Braganca (Pawtucket, RI) and sophomore Laurel Ten Eyck (Warwick, RI) posted an, 8-4, win at No. 1 doubles against the Curry team of sophomore Sidara Cash-Sortwell (South Portland, ME) and freshman Hannah Faghan (Whitman, MA).
• Zangari and Raskob posted an impressive, 8-0, win at No. 2 doubles against the Curry duo of sophomores Kelsie Merrill (Hope, ME) and Samantha Gilbert (Bedford, MA).
• RIC sophomore Emily Orticerio (Smithfield, RI) and freshman Kaitlyn Koller (North Smithfield, RI) completed the sweep of doubles action for the Anchorwomen with an, 8-3, win over the Colonels team of freshman Hollie Wallace (Wrentham, MA) and senior Rosario Robidoux (Agawam, MA) at the No. 3 spot.
• Zangari picked up her second win of the day for RIC with a (6-0, 6-3) win over Cash-Sortwell at the No. 1 singles spot.
• Raskob recorded her second victory of the afternoon at the No. 4 singles spot where she posted a (6-0, 6-0) win against Robidoux.
• RIC sophomore Serena Bobola (Cranston, RI) registered a (6-0, 6-1) win against Curry sophomore Alison Daigle (Edgartown, MA).
• Freshman Clara Siegmund (Pomfret, CT) had a (6-0, 6-1) victory at No. 5 singles for the Anchorwomen against Merrill.
• RIC junior Julie Marciniak (South Kingstown, RI) recorded a (6-0, 6-0) win at the No. 6 singles spot against Gilbert.
• The match between RIC sophomore Victoria Vittori (New Bedford, MA) and Faghan at No. 2 was unfinished due to darkness.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will resume Little East play at home vs. Salem State on Saturday, Oct. 6 (1 p.m.).