Dartmouth, Mass.--Sophomores Serena Bobola (Cranston, RI) and Hailey Raskob (North Smithfield, RI) each recorded a pair of victories to lead the Rhode Island College women's tennis team to a 7-2 victory at UMass Dartmouth in a Little East Conference matchup on Saturday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 7, UMass Dartmouth 2
RIC (4-0, 2-0 LEC)
UMD (1-2, 1-2 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC sophomore Grace Zangari (Saunderstown, RI) teamed with Raskob to give RIC the 8-2 win over junior Monika Reining (Linsengericht, Germany) and sophomore Rachel Aftandilian (Watertown, MA) at No. 2 doubles.
• RIC sophomore Emily Orticerio (Smithfield, RI) and Bobola posted an 8-2 victory at the third doubles spot against UMD sophomore Michelle Aftandilian (Watertown, MA) and sophomore Jordan Martin (Taunton, MA).
• UMass Dartmouth picked up a point at No. 1 doubles as senior Jenna Lahalie (Lakeville, MA) and junior Jaime Fastino (Rehoboth, MA) recorded an 8-2 win over RIC senior Katherine Braganca (Pawtucket, RI) and sophomore Laurel Ten Eyck (Warwick, RI).
• Ten Eyck posted a (6-1, 6-0) win over junior Melanie Wong (Somerset, MA) at No. 6 singles.
• Raskob picked up her second win of the day for RIC as she posted a (6-0, 6-2) victory over Reining at the No. 5 spot.
• Bobola's second win of the day came at No. 3 singles with a (7-6 (7-1), 6-4) against Michelle Aftandilian.
• RIC sophomore Victoria Vittori (New Bedford, MA) notched a (6-4, 6-4) win over Fastino at No. 2 singles, while Braganca posted a (6-2, 4-6, 10-7) victory over Rachel Aftandilian at No. 4 singles.
• Rhode Island College will host Wentworth on Thursday, Sept. 20 (3:30 p.m.).