Providence, R.I.-Senior Dayna Reilly (Swansea, MA) posted a pair of wins to help lead the Rhode Island College women's tennis team to a commanding, 9-0, win over Wentworth in a non-conference contest played at the RIC Tennis Center on Tuesday afternoon. The win kept RIC undefeated with a record of 9-0 to start the year.
Rhode Island College 9, Wentworth 0
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Reilly registered a (6-0, 6-0) win over Ali Sollecito (Taunton, MA) at the No. 1 spot and teamed with freshman Laurel Ten Eyck (Warwick, RI) for an 8-1 win at No. 1 doubles against Sollecito and junior Ellen Butts (Brookfield, MA).
• Junior Katherine Braganca (Pawtucket, RI) also posted a pair of wins on the day for RIC, including a (3-6, 6-3, 10-6) win over senior Sam Webb (Duxbury, MA) at the No. 3 singles spot. Braganca also teamed with senior Isabella Romeo (Greenville, RI) for an 8-4 victory at the second doubles spot against Webb and senior Caitlyn Briggs (Lee, MA).
• Freshman Grace Zangari (Saunderstown, RI) had the win (7-6, 6-1) at No. 2 singles against Briggs. She also teamed with freshman Victoria Vittori (New Bedford, MA) for an 8-0 win at third doubles against McGibbon and senior Mackenzie Jones (Greenville, MA).
• Freshman Hailey Raskob (North Smithfield, RI) recorded a (6-0, 6-0) win over sophomore Jasmine Andrade (Dorchester, MA) at No. 5 singles to clinch the match for RIC.
• Senior Laura Nastasi (Smithville, NJ) defeated Butts (6-0, 6-1) at the No. 4 singles spot. Freshman Emily Orticerio (Smithfield, RI) posted a (7-5, 7-6 (7-5)) win against sophomoreSam McGibbon (Pembroke, MA) at No. 6 singles.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to Western Connecticut for a Little East Conference contest on Saturday, Sept. 30 (1 p.m.).