Plymouth, N.H.--Five different swimmers each won a race as the Rhode Island College women's swimming team dropped a 114-78 decision at Plymouth State on Saturday afternoon.
Plymouth State 114, Rhode Island College 78
Plymouth State (2-2)
Rhode Island College (0-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Freshman Athena Sampalis (West Greenwich, RI) took first place in the 50-yard backstroke (34.83), was second in the 50-yard freestyle (29.69) and had the lead leg of the second place 400-yard medley relay (5:15.68).
• Junior Emily Butterfield (Cranston, RI) won the 100-yard breaststroke (1:36.03), was second in the 50-yard breaststroke (41.95) and had the second leg of the second place 400-yard medley relay (5:15.68).
• Freshman Wenona Alexander (Warwick, RI) notched a first place finish in the 100-yard IM (1:10.03). She also had a second place finish in both the 100-yard butterfly (1:08.38) and the 100-yard backstroke (1:09.65). Alexander had the third leg of the second place 400-yard medley relay (5:15.68).
• Senior Madison Lane (Barrington, RI) finished first in the 500-yard freestyle (6:53.70), was second in the 1,000-yard freestyle (14:15.01) and was fifth in the 50-yard freestyle (33.11).
• Freshman Mary McBride (Rumford, RI) registered a first place finish in the 50-yard butterfly (40.58), placed second in the 200-yard freestyle (2:29.27) and was third in the 100-yard freestyle (1:13.80). She also had the anchor leg of the second place 400-yard medley relay (5:15.68).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to Clark on Saturday, Jan. 12 (1 p.m.).