Seniors Sydney Curran (North Kingstown, RI) and Rachel Soria (Pawtucket, RI) competed in their last regular season home meet as the Rhode Island College women's swimming team dropped a 149-75 decision against Westfield State at Bryant University's Chase Aquatic Center on Sunday afternoon.
• Westfield state (8-1) 149, Rhode Island College (1-7) 75
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Curran took first place in 50-yard butterfly (31.82) and was second in the 50-yard breaststroke (35.24). She also took third place in the 400-yard IM (5:40.62) and swam the anchor leg of the first place 200-yard freestyle relay (1:59.95).
• Soria finished in second place in the 100-yard butterfly (1:29.25) and took fourth place in the 100-yard backstroke (1:19.88). She also swam the third leg of the first place 200-yard freestyle relay (1:59.95) and had the third leg of 200-yard medley relay (2:22.48).
• Freshman Emily Butterfield (Cranston, RI) took home first place in the 100-yard IM (1:26.98) and was fifth in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:33.75). She swam the second leg of the first place 200-yard freestyle relay (1:59.95) and had the anchor leg of the third place 200-yard medley relay (2:22.48).
• Junior Madison Lane (Barrington, RI) finished in second place in the 500-yard freestyle (6:50.74) and finished third in the 200-yard freestyle (2:39.75).
• Sophomore Vanessa Dao (Revere, MA) recorded a second place finish in the 50-yard backstroke (33.62), placed third in the 50-yard freestyle (30.18) and was fourth in the 100-yard freestyle (1:10.28). She also swam the lead leg of the first place 200-yard freestyle relay (1:59.95).
• Senior Tia Pariseau (Holden, MA) notched three victories for Westfield State, winning the 50-yard breaststroke (33.12), 50-yard freestyle (1:00.25) and the 100-yard breaststroke (1:12.49).
• Sophomore Kelsey Johnstone (Southwick, MA) posted two wins for the Owls, taking first in the 100-yard freestyle (1:00.25) and the 100-yard backstroke (1:06.72).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to UMass Dartmouth for the Little East Championship on Saturday, Feb. 3 (11 a.m.).